Free Clipart - Kodaly Curwen Solfa Hand Signs

Earlier this year I purchased a new iPad Pro and Apple Pencil and and so far my two most-used apps have been Forscore (for reading and annotating sheet music) and Procreate.

Procreate is a drawing/graphic blueprint app and for around US $10 it does SO MUCH. It's truly amazing.

I've spent quite a chip of time watching tutorials to learn the basics, only I wanted to complete a unproblematic projection to put some of the skills I had learnt into do. That's always the best way to consolidate learning, right?

I decided to create some Kodaly/Curwen mitt signs in a variety of styles that I could and so share on this blog and inside my Midnight Music Community.

Procreate Kodaly/Curwen hand signs

Now, before you all think I'thou brilliant at drawing (I'thousand not!) let me tell y'all the process:

  • I plant a collection of public domain images of the hand signs on Wikimedia Commons by Freya Jarman which I could utilise as a basis for my collection
Freya Jarman solfege hand signs
  • I then imported each ane into Procreate – into a separate projection
  • Starting with Do, I traced over the original image with a monoline brush to make a clear blackness outline version
  • I then spent quite a scrap of time tidying up the lines in my drawing – zooming in and out to erase unwanted parts or smoothing out the lines by using a smaller brush size
  • Once I was happy with the drawing, I and then duplicated information technology so that I had a full of 10 copies
  • I went through each duplicate and changed the outline color and/or fill color to create the 10 variations
  • Finally, I removed (turned off) the background layer and then that each version was transparent and so exported them all as PNG files
  • So I started the process over once again for Re and all the other side by side hand signs
Procreate Kodaly Solfege hand signs

In one case I had the process worked out it didn't take too long and it was something I could do in front of the Tv set at night.

I ended up making the following variations for each pitch:

  • Outline versions: black, white, grey, Boomwhacker color
  • Filled versions: black, white, 3 unlike skin tones and Boomwhacker color

That's a total of lxx images!

Kodaly Solfege handsigns

Here are some previews:

All the images take a transparent background so yous can apply them in multiple means:

  • In worksheets
  • To brand flash cards
  • In Google Slides, Powerpoint or Keynote
  • Add together them to your Canva library
  • Use them in your Seesaw Activities
  • Use them when creating playalong videos

Then on!

I hope yous find these useful!

Download your re-create

To access the Mitt Signs Clip Art, click the push button below and a re-create will exist sent directly into your inbox.

Looking forMore Resources for Music Teachers?

Hello! I'm Katie Wardrobe – an Australian music technology trainer and consultant with a passion for helping music teachers through my business organization Midnight Music.

I'm a qualified teacher but no, I don't currently teach in a schoolhouse. I help teachers through my online professional development infinite – the Midnight Music Customs – where there are tutorial videos, courses, links and downloadable resources.

MMC Mockup new

I like to focus oneasy means to contain technology intowhat yous are already doing in your music curriculumthrough a range of artistic projects. I also run live workshops and have presented at countless conferences and other music education events.

If yous want elementary, effective ideas for using engineering in music education, I would Dearest to help yous within the Midnight Music Community.

Acquire more and take a sneak peek inside